Before talking about the radiology technician, it is necessary to dwell on what the field of radiology is. Radiology is only one of the comprehensive fields of medicine that includes imaging techniques with invasive procedures throughout the treatment process, using imaging technologies within the framework of sound, x-rays and radio waves in order to reveal the diagnosis of all aspects of diseases. Radiology, which supports almost all medical fields with its important studies, is a vital component of many medical decisions that affect diseases indirectly or directly. Radiology studies are definitely needed for the most detailed examination of diseases. For this reason, diploma in radiology technician is very popular among medical students.
What is a Radiology Technician?
Health professionals who complete their high school education from health vocational high schools who are in the radiology department and direct patients are called radiology technicians. One of the most commonly used tools in diploma in radiology technician is the magnetic resonance imaging device. The corresponding device generates a magnetic field.
Radiology technicians in hospitals are responsible for the devices within the scope of their responsibility. In line with the request of the general practitioners and specialist doctors, he directs the patients to the place where the imaging process will be performed and performs a number of tests. It is very important that these tests are carried out correctly and clearly. Some of the tools used by radiology technicians are as follows.
- Computed tomography
- X-ray machine
- MRI machine
- Ultrasound device
What Does a Radiology Technician Do?
In accordance with the relevant procedures in the health facility where the radiology technician has worked, he has duties such as putting forward work schedules and making them and coordinating them correctly. Other duties are as follows;
- Within the scope of the relevant regulations of the health facility in which the officer is employed, he acts in accordance with the dress standards.
- In case of an emergency call by the hospital regardless of the working hours of the health facility by complying with the working hours, he comes to the hospital immediately.
- This professional is always in close contact with patients and patient relatives, team members and other employees.
- Acts appropriately within the scope of the patient rights regulation.
- Acts in accordance with the policies of the hospital where it works.
- Uses the tools and equipment within the scope of the task.
- Notifies the technical unit in case of malfunction of the vehicles being used. He is the authorized person in the protection of these tools and devices.
- Ensures that the place where the radiology unit is located is cleaned and also supervises.
- Controls the calibration processes of the devices in the unit.
- He is responsible for the radiation safety of patients and the team members they work with and takes the necessary measures for this.
- Gives information and prepares the patient before proceeding to the radiological diagnosis of the patient.
- Performs film printing and imaging recording operations.
- Takes part in the storage and disposal of radioactive garbage.
- Makes records of all the transactions made and protects them.
How to Become a Radiology Technician?
In order to become a radiology technician, one must graduate from the relevant departments of health vocational high schools. It is necessary to take the Basic Proficiency Test after high school. If this is not the case, diploma in radiology technician and technical trainings may need to be completed.
What are the most important duties of a radiology technician?
It notifies the technical unit in case of malfunction of the radiological devices that are in use. He is the authorized person in the protection of these tools and devices. It ensures that the place where the radiology unit is located is cleaned and controls the calibration processes of the devices in the unit.
If you are also planning to carve your career as radiology technician, enrol yourself in diploma in radiology technician today!