The NTA Director-General Vineet Joshi announced that the exam date for the medical entrance examination, National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2021 will be declared by this week. As a result of the announcement, the NEET 2021 aspirants are expecting that the dates for NEET 2021 can be announced any day now. NEET 2021 exam date will be declared at the official site ntaneet.nic.in.
The delay in the announcement of the exam date of NEET 2021 has created a lot of fuss and confusion among students. Aspirants also requested the NTA Director-General and education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ to conduct the exam twice a year in addition to declaring the exam date. However, NTA has confirmed that NEET 2021 will be conducted only once.
There are some updates on the exam pattern and syllabus of the NEET exam 2021.
NEET exam pattern 2021: As per a report of NTA, the exam pattern of NEET 2021 will not be changed. Amit Khare, Secretary, Higher Education, said that NEET 2021 will be conducted in an offline pen-paper mode, like the previous year.
NEET syllabus 2021: Ministry of Education released a report stating that the NEET 2021 syllabus will remain the same as that of the previous year.
NEET question paper: In January, the Ministry of Education alleged that the NEET (UG) 2021 question paper will have options on the lines of JEE, where students have to answer 75 questions out of 90. The NEET exam paper contains 180 questions from physics, chemistry, and biology, which may increase this year and aspirants can answer only 180 questions.
As we all know, the admissions to all seats of UG medical courses are done through NEET (UG) exam. The seats available under different quotas this year are as follows:
1) All India quota seats.
2) State government quota seats.
3) Includes Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities Seats.
4) State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental /Ayurveda /Siddha /Unani/Homeopathy Colleges or any Private University Seats.
5) Central pool quota seats.
6) All seats including NRI quota as well as management quota, in private unaided/aided minority / non-minority medical colleges will also be filled based on marks or rank obtained in the NEET exam
The NEET 2021 exam candidates must check the following websites for 15% of all India seats:
1) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare on website www.mohfw.gov.in and Medical Counseling Committee on website www.mcc.nic.in for MBBS and BDS courses.
2) Ministry of AYUSH on www.ayush.gov.in and AYUSH Admission Central Counseling Committee on www.aaccc.gov.in for BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, BHMS courses.
3) For the remaining seats and courses, the candidates are requested to check the websites of the concerned states and institutions.
The NEET 2021 aspirants are also requested to keep an eye on the website ntaneet.nic.in/ for any latest update on the NEET 2021 exam.
General Direction of Registration
Here are the following documents that the candidates will have to upload during the registration process of the NEET 2021 exam:
- The scanned image of the passport size photograph of the candidate. The image should be in jpg/jpeg format and the image size should be between 10Kb to 200Kb.
- The scanned image of the signature of the candidate. The image of the signature should also be in jpg/jpeg format. The image size of the signature should be between 4Kb to 30Kb.
- The scanned image of the left-hand thumb impression of the candidate should be in jpg format. The image size should be between 10Kb to 50Kb.
- The scanned image of the class 10 mark sheet of the candidate. It should also be in jpg format and the image size should be between 100Kb to 300Kb.
- The scanned image of the postcard size photograph of the candidate should be in jpg format and the image size should be between 50Kb to 300Kb.