Russia has always been a proven and favored destination for higher studies, especially for MBBS studies with more than 50 medical colleges and diverse specialties in the field. Russian MBBS colleges are equipped with advanced lab equipment and state of the art infrastructure. Over the decades Russia has given a major push in the establishment of top medical universities in russia for international students National and International students can practice and get to do hands-on in the well-equipped Government Hospitals. Along with all these factors, MBBS fees in Russia are very affordable and cheap compared to its western counterparts.
Here are some important reasons international students opt for mbbs course in russia:
- Russian MBBS degree is listed in WHO (World Health Organization) and therefore it is valid across the globe
- Cost of study MBBS in Russia is cheap as compared to the European countries as universities receive grant and students receive scholarships from the Government of Russia.
- Application process and admission is simple and easy
- No donations, CET or entrance fees to be paid
- International students can choose English as a medium of study
- State-of-the-art educational standards and infrastructure
- European Standard comfortable hostel facility
- Diverse medical faculties available
- Courses in MBBS colleges in Russia are advanced and updated to match the current requirements
Eligibility for Admission in MBBS in Russia
- Session for MBBS in Russian Universities starts from June. Therefore, students need to start applying in April each year. There are some amendments to eligibility criteria for admission in MBBS in Russian Universities. Students who want to take admission in Russian medical colleges without NEET Qualification may take admission before 31st of May, 2018. After that qualifying NEET will be mandatory.
- Here are the eligibility criteria for MBBS in Russia for international students –
Applicants should complete 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
Applicants should have obtained at least 50% of marks in their 12th-grade examinations.
Documents and marks of the applicants need to be approved by the medical councils and VISA boards of their respective countries.
- Fee Structure for MBBS in Russia
- The duration of MBBS degree in Russia is 6 years. The fees for international students vary from 19000 USD to 40,000 USD for 6 years depending on the facilities availed, faculty of study or specialization, equipment, scholarships, and performance.
- There are some good scholarship programs in Russia for international students. Students can apply for scholarships provided by the Government of Russia or scholarship programs from Russian Universities for international students. Students need to apply at least 3-4 months earlier for scholarships each year and can get up to 100% waiver in tuition fees, depending upon the college or the university they applied for.
One of the main questions by a majority of meritorious as well as ambitious students has been that of the fee structure. Due to the unchecked commercialization of studies when it comes to MBBS studies. Most of the students and their parents have developed the notion that these top medical universities in russia charge hefty amount as donation like the Indian medical colleges do. In reality, it is just the opposite. As most of the medical colleges in Russia receive healthy amount of educational aid which makes for the functioning of these colleges minus any mid season financial crunch.
Talking strictly from the course structure fees, the top 10 medical colleges in russia typically charge USD 5500 in the first year and the course fee varies between 3700 USD and USD 6000 in the subsequent years.