Mauritius is an island nation in the Indian Ocean, off the southeast coast of the African continent. Mauritius is very popular among Indian student for MBBS. All the colleges in Mauritius for studying MBBS have excellent Infrastructure with modern facilities for quality health education and health delivery. Mauritius is a second home for Indian student because the culture, language, lifestyle and food is almost like India. The medical universities are recognised by WHO, MCI & Medical council of many other countries.
UNIVERSITIES IN MAURITIUS
- University of Mauritius
The University of Mauritius (UoM) is the national university of Mauritius. It is the oldest and largest university in the country in terms of student enrolment and curriculum offered. The University of Mauritius was officially established by the University of Mauritius Ordinance in December 1965, incorporating the existing School of Agriculture. The Faculty of science was founded as School of Science in 1988. It comprises six departments: Biosciences; Chemistry; Health Sciences; Mathematics; Medicine; and Physics. As of 2015, it has 1135 students and 52 full-time academic staff.
- Anna Medical College Mauritius
Anna Medical College is one of the most prestigious colleges of Mauritius. It is situated in Montagne Blanche, Mauritius. The Medical College offers MBBS program with clinical postings at Flacq teaching Hospital in Mauritius. The infrastructure has been set up with the modern facilities for quality health education and health delivery.
The vision of the institution is to achieve excellence in education and healthcare and global standards in human development. The mission is to be amongst the most preferred destinations for students and teachers for medical education. The institution is pride in the academic environment of the college, the discipline and motivation amongst students and the close relationship between the students and teachers.
- The MBBS degree from Mauritius is globally accepted.
- Very high quality of medical education.
- Mauritius is Hindi & English-speaking region.
- Internationally recognized universities (MCI & WHO).
- University graduates entitled to appear for USMLE exam, USA.
- Established teaching hospital, clinical training at FLACQ, a distinctive hospital og Government of Mauritius.
- 1 year – Pre-clinical/ Pre Medical
- 3 years – Basic Science
- 1 years – Clinical Rotation
- 1 year - Internship
- Age 17 years on or before the date of admission
- General Category – 50% aggregate marks in Class XII (PCB)
- SC/ST/OBC Category – 40% aggregate marks in Class XII (PCB)
- NEET is compulsory.
- Mark sheets of class X & XII (Original).
- National Passport (Original).
- Birth Certificate (Original).
- NEET score card.
- School leaving certificate of last studied
- 12th Std. migration certificate and character certificate
- Bank Statement required – last 6 months.
- Passport sized photos with white background.
FEE STRUCTURE (Tuition Fee)
- University of Mauritius – 1,101,251 MUR (21,16,245 lakh INR)
- Anna Medical College Mauritius – 2,028,234 MUR (39,00,000 INR)
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES
- Anna Medical College
- University of Mauritius, Reduit, Mauritius