The Philippines, also known as the Republic of Philippines is situated in Southeast Asia in the Western Pacific Ocean. Its capital, Manila, is famous for its waterfront and centuries-old Chinatown. Philippines was a colony of USA for around 50 years and thus the country follows the American system of education.
The medical course in Philippines is called the MD program [Doctor of medicine]. The MD program is equivalent to MBBS of UK, India, Pakistan and other Commonwealth countries. This degree comprises of medical theory, practical and clinical rotation giving a better exposure to the students. The degrees obtained from medical universities in Philippines are recognized by World Health Organization and Medical Council of India. Every year, almost 8000 foreign students take admission in Philippines Medical universities and out of which around 50% are Indian students.
UNIVERSITY IN PHILIPPINES
- U V Gullas College of Medicine, Philippines
As a top-ranking medical College in Cebu City, UV GULLAS encompasses one of the most cost-effective educational ecosystems, while facilitating premier study curriculums. Established in the year 1919, the college is virtuoso when compared to the competition and prides itself of successful alumni who are proven achievers across diversified fields.
As Philippines is well known as Best country for MBBS course and most of top medical colleges in Philippines, UV Gullas stands top for Indian students in facilitating them with world class infrastructure, quality in education with quality experienced professors from top hospitals delivering quality education to international students, rightly names as best medical college in Philippines.
- The standard of education in Philippines universities is well known around the world.
- The Medical universities of Philippines are listed in WHO and MCI. This makes the students eligible for leading international medical exams such as USMLE.
- The medium of Instruction is English which helps international students to easily adapt.
- The cost of complete MBBS course is quite affordable and there is no donation fee in many Philippines Medical Colleges.
- The cost of living is very low thus helping the international students to afford the expenses easily.
- The medical institutes allow students to practically diagnose patients which improves their confidence and provides them with better practical knowledge.
- 1 year – Basic Science
- 4 years – MD course & Clinical Rotation
- Age 17 years on or before the date of admission
- General Category – 50% aggregate marks in Class XII (PCB)
- SC/ST/OBC Category – 40% aggregate marks in Class XII (PCB)
- NEET is compulsory.
- Mark sheets of class X & XII (Original).
- National Passport (Original).
- Birth Certificate (Original).
- NEET score card.
- Police clearance certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Bank Statement required – last 6 months.
- Passport sized photos with white background.
- 1081830 PHP (15,95,000 INR) for 6 years
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES
- UV Gullas College of Medicine, Philippines