The architectural appearance of the hospital, its configuration in plan, the number and composition of departments are formed taking into account the current standards, individual characteristics (for example, the relief of a construction site), the profile of the institution, etc.
Any medical institution is a complex of various units and services, the main element of which is the hospital. An inpatient department is a ward department in which patients are expected to stay around the clock, or to rest after procedures.
Throughout the entire period of stay in the hospital, regardless of its duration, comfortable conditions for treatment and relaxation should be created for the patient, both in the building itself and in the adjacent territory.
Preliminary preparation for design of a hospital is of great importance for the quality performance of subsequent work. Experts collect information about the future conditions of the building, justify the feasibility and determine the possible risks.
Engineering and survey processes are mandatory, as a result of which it is possible to obtain detailed information on the composition of the soil, the location of hidden objects (for example, communications running underground), data on the adjacent territories, etc.
The development of the project is carried out in accordance with the approved terms of reference. In addition, it is obligatory to take into account the purpose and functional characteristics of the object.
STAGES OF DESIGNING HOSPITALS AND PREMISES FOR THEM
Each stage is important and requires utmost care and accuracy. The design takes place in the following sequence:
- Preparation of a plan for a future institution is an initial process, during which architectural and other solutions are also selected;
- Drawing up plans of premises- their intended purpose is indicated, objects are thought out to the smallest detail;
- Preparation of solutions in which x-ray and ionizing technical equipment will be placed is a particularly important process that is necessary for the proper functioning of the equipment;
- Drawing up diagrams of engineering systems- heating, ventilation, water supply, etc.;
- Drawing up a project for premises with an uninterrupted supply of electricity- a special approach is required to this process;
- Design of ventilation, air conditioning and other systems;
- Design development, selection of building materials and equipment, execution of project documents.
The healthcare facility planning and design course will introduce you to the latest trends that dominate healthcare design and explain why factors such as acoustics and natural daylight contribute to patient well-being.
Certified facility manager course in USA provide the participants with the skills and tools that provide them with a mastery of knowledge of the variables that intervene in the configuration of the architectural space of the hospital infrastructure, incidents in the design, materialization and conservation of the buildings, in consideration of the local reality and its peculiarities.
Facility planning in healthcare relate the technological requirements of health infrastructure with the spatial organization of facilities and types of hospital architecture, understanding the level of dynamism of the various parts of their programs.
And this is why, we suggest you to consult the expert consultants of Astron International and enroll yourself in one of the best healthcare facilities management courses.