Because of this pandemic, the healthcare sector becomes a crucial part of every country. Therefore, the demand for Paramedical in India is high now. If you are someone who cares about others and makes a difference in someone’s life, then a career in Paramedics may be an excellent choice for you.
What is Paramedic?
Paramedics are medical specialists who are well trained to diagnose diseases in the human body and can increase their support to doctors in order to secure better medical treatment by providing proper medical checkups and other therapies.
They typically work in an environment where they have to make quick and independent decisions with little direct medical oversight on the picture. Due to the nature of the job, paramedics have to work independently with a bristle at the thought of too much supervision.
Types of Paramedical Courses
There are three main types of courses:
- Certificate Paramedical Courses– The Paramedical certificate courses duration varies between 1 year to 2 years.
- Diploma Paramedical Courses– The duration of diploma paramedical courses duration varies between 1 year to 2 years.
- Degree Paramedical Courses– The duration of degree paramedical courses duration varies between 1.5 years to 4 years.
Eligibility for Paramedical Courses after 12th
Interested students who just passed their 12th exam can pursue a career in the Paramedical field with the required eligibility criteria. For Undergraduate and Diploma courses in the Paramedical sector the eligibility criteria are:
- Students who have passed 12th from the science stream with biology from any recognized board along with at least 50% marks.
- There is no minimum percentage for diploma courses but every college has its different criteria about the percentage.
- Some Paramedical colleges allow admission on behalf of the percentage scored in board exams.
- Most of the top colleges conduct their entrance exams and accept students as per the marks scored in national or state-level entrance exams.
- For PG level students, the eligibility criteria would require a valid Bachelor’s degree in the science stream. Apart from this, some colleges also consider entrance exams such as NEET PG, AIIMS M.Sc.
Why Prefer Paramedical as a Career option?
If you are passionate about helping people and making a difference in people’s lives then it’s a perfect career option for you. Also, the need for career opportunities and the growth available in the industry currently makes a profitable option.
It also allows you to work in a fast-paced environment and admix with people from all walks of life. The skills and quick analytical with critical thinking would be the essential skills required by a paramedical graduate, thus, it will help you to build a unique and dynamic work environment.
For best IELTS preparation online in Gurgaon contact us today and get all the answers related to your queries!