The question regarding what is the best design for healthcare facility is not a tough one to answer but it is definitely tricky as far as the correct implementation of the same is concerned. Hence there is a need to go for the healthcare facility design courses. Not only does it give an overview of what it to be taken care of but it also suggests the measures to list out things that can be done away with. Let us take a look at both the issues and the emerging trends that one may encounter as certified facility manager course in USA.
The prime concerns
- Access- As a healthcare facility planner, you have to make a healthcare facility which is accessible to the commoners by foot, bicycle, scooter and motorcycle, public transportation (buses, taxis, vans, trains, and ambulance), automobile. If it is a far flung region of the country, the air access is very vital.
- Quality- After you complete healthcare facility planning and design course, you will get a sense in regards to the importance of a high level of quality and competent care, qualified and availability of physicians and certified health professionals that can be approached in quickest possible time.
- Funding for the staff and the health and hospitals- Some of the countries of the world are battling the stiff competition between health networks effectively lowers costs. On the other hand, the rest of the countries have devised the strategy of collaboration as this helps in controlling costs. Due to such contrasting issues that have changed the course of healthcare facility planning, the healthcare facility design courses prepares the students to understand the cycle of project’s maintenance costs and how it can dwarf the original construction costs in the subsequent years. There are instances in which a country has built an expensive health and hospital facilities but has failed to budget for the operating costs, or coordinated and planned the allied health professionals or the proper staffing requirements.
The emerging trends:
- Continuous patient care- Lately the widely acknowledged focus on disease prevention and wellness has become an important change in the dynamics both in the industry and in the courses that teaches medical facility design. It has been observed that the non-communicable ailments such as heart disease, stroke and chronic respiratory diseases are on the rise and that the chronic diseases have a lot of bearing on the healthcare costs. So what the healthcare facility design courses are focusing on is a forward-thinking that would help in the expansion of the hospitals in their services beyond the physical walls of hospitals and clinics. To facilitate such components, a strong informational and educational component is required. These services would cover the important corners such as virtual consultations, remote monitoring access to online medical records and targeted community health screening events.
- Patient safety- It has always been a factor that would determine the healthcare design scenario. Some of the basic patient safety would be that of providing handrails, designing flush flooring transitions and safe pathways to the frequently-used areas such as bathrooms.
- Sustainability– Keeping a healthcare facility functional on a sustainable basis is one area that many organizations have failed to work with. This helps in reducing the consumption of natural resources and reducing a facility’s life cycle costs. Moreover it is critical to the sustainability to reduce and minimize waste of all types.